Books Reviews

Book Review: Fashion – A History from the 18th to the 20th Century

Background:On Gigi’s recommendation, I bought this book from Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago. I had eyed this book for quite a while, but its original price (I believe it was around $70) was a deterrent. But it’s on sale now! You can Click Here to see it. Publishers Information:Full Title: The Collection […]

Handbags Patterns

Time for a New Bag

I haven’t made myself a handbag for quite some time. I think I’m going to hop on the La Rue handbandwagon. The La Rue bag was carried by Anne Hathaway in “The Devil Wears Prada.”HotPatterns put a free download here. I grabbed it off the site and started cutting. I’m making mine from a really […]


Back to the Eighties Wednesday Night

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it! I hope this holiday brings peace, happiness and serenity all around the world. I can dream, can’t I? We’ve had an interesting week. My FIL was diagnosed recently with Amyloidosis. That’s a bone marrow disease that’s closely related to Multiple Myeloma. But instead of producing cancer cells, the […]


A Dog With a Bone

I’m doing a client job right now, so there isn’t much that I can report about. But sitting at the Juki running long strips of fabric through at 3300 stitches per minute gives me ample opportunity to think. So here’s a situation I have observed lately. Someone, a very distant acquaintance, seems to have a […]

BCC Charity


That’s the amount of money raised last night for the Winchester Hospital Breast Care Center. The party was pretty amazing. It was held at the brand spankin’ new Westin hotel next to the brand spankin’ new Boston Convention Center. The event was, as they say in the society papers, “glittering”. We wanted to raise funds […]

Patterns Simplicity

The *Big* Winter Project….

Thank you, Diva Phyllis! I bought some amazing lace from Kashi, sight unseen, and when it arrived, it floored me with its loveliness:But the question was, what to make from this? A skirt? Meh. It would be lovely, but not enough of a statement for a self-confessed Diva. A blouse? Possibly, but it’s not different […]

McCalls Patterns

New McCall's Patterns

Hell Week is over! “Shofar” was a resounding success. I don’t know if anyone from the press reviewed it, but I thought it was great, and the audience gave us a 10 minute standing ovation. It was a good sized crowd, too. Sanders Theater was about 2/3 full, which is nice. So now I’m back […]

Butterick Kwik Sew Patterns

Winter Patterns from Various Companies

I’m between projects, and I don’t want to start in on the window seat cushion until Monday when I have some time to devote to it, so I started scanning the pattern company websites for inspiration, and I came across a couple that caught my eye. Kwik SewI’m not a huge fan of Kwik Sew. […]


Hello world!

Welcome to This is your first post. Edit or delete it and start blogging!

Patterns Reviews Vogue

Pattern Review – Vogue 8305

I’m singing with Coro Allegro this weekend. Concert dress is black: It can be a long dress with long sleeves. It can also be a long skirt or pants, and long-sleeved top. I have a pair of nice Alberto Makali pants I bought two years ago. So I decided to go with the top. But […]